Director of Music/Worship Leader – Part-Time
The Director of Music will serve as a platform leader, behind-the-scenes manager, and leader of rehearsals. The Director will work cooperatively with the Senior Pastor, the Ministry Chair, and other Worship Team leaders to shape a professional, Spirit-led, and Christ-centered music ministry program.
As the leader of Shiloh’s music ministry, the Director is directly responsible for the performance of the youth and adult choirs, praise team and musicians; this includes the planning and leading rehearsals as well as the recruiting, training, and directing of volunteers and musicians. The desired style of music ranges from contemporary praise & worship music to traditional gospel.
- As part of a team, and acknowledging the need for flexibility, work collaboratively with the Pastor and Worship Team to reach consensus regarding themes of worship.
- Prepare, accompany, and direct the adult choir and soloists by holding weekly rehearsals (and others as needed) to provide appropriate music for Sunday and special services of worship and special events.
- Plan, prepare and play organ or piano music appropriate to each Sunday service, any mid-week service, and all special worship services, to include prelude, introit, offertory, Communion music and postlude. Use piano or keyboard for underscoring prayers or readings at the discretion of the Senior Pastor.
- Encourage participation of talent within the church family, using soloists and instrumentalists. Encourage involvement of choristers and youth musicians through solo opportunities and with instruments.
- Experience leading Sunday worship services.
- Strong Christian faith, integrity in Christian leadership, and exhibits Christian character and conduct within the church and the community.
- Cultivate a Christ-centered, Spirit led music ministry.
- Professionalism, reliability, and discipline.
- Strong musical ability and the ability to recruit and develop directors, singers, and musicians.
- Sensitivity to the diverse needs of pastor, music ministry members and staff.
- Ability to lead a cohesive and unified music ministry team.
Apply to: Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church 18101 W. Oak Ave, Lockport, IL 60441